Friday, October 8, 2010

Goldfish Store

Yesterday I took Tess to the grocery store.  We usually shop at Safeway, but they didn't have something I needed, so we headed over to Giant.  I can remember maybe a handful of times I've taken Tess to Giant.(This is a really scintillating post so far.)

When we drove in the parking lot, Tess said, "Where we going Mom?  To the goldfish store?"  I thought this over.  Places Tess likes to look at fish:  the far-away library, Wal-Mart and the pet store.  No, I don't remember any goldfish in Giant--not even a live lobster tank in the seafood department.  I guess it's not implausible that maybe we bought Goldfish crackers there once, but that's a little random.  So, I responded, "No, Tess, we're going to the grocery store.  It's not a goldfish store."

It was still bugging me once we got out of the store.  While walking to the car I asked Tess, "Where's the goldfish store?"  She turned and pointed to the logo on the outside of the store.

I stared at it awhile when suddenly I saw the goldfish.

Can you see it?



As usual, she was right after all.  We did go to the Goldfish Store.

2 comments:

Nana and Papa said...

Looks just like a goldfish to me (now that you point it out). Talk about a gifted right-brain viewpoint!

xxoo Nana

Maureen said...

Little smarty pants! She's so cute!