Sunday, October 31, 2010

All Hallow's Eve Eve

What a fun Halloween we had this year!  Tess has been so excited all season and has definitely developed her Nana's love for this holiday.   I've enjoyed seeing how much Tess has enjoyed it.

We've been talking about her Halloween costume since the beginning of September.  If you asked what she was going to be, she'd respond: "I Cure-ous Dorge.  Dad man-in-yehwow-hat."  I was going to be Professor Wiseman, but I kind of ran out of steam.  Tess and Ryan were the perfect pair, though, and she was so tickled to see her dad as the Man in the Yellow Hat.

I made Ry's hat & tie, found the yellow shirt second-hand, and dyed a pair of khaki pants with yellow RIT dye.  The pants came out a truly garish neon-yellow-green color, but the look came together with Ryan's expert styling.

We went to the Costume Parade in Occoquan on Saturday and they were quite the hit.  It was fun because kids immediately recognize and LOVE the Man in the Yellow Hat!  Lots of people were pointing and asking to take their pictures.


Tess was excited to go trick-or-treating at the shops in Occoquan.  She caught on to the concept pretty quickly.

Nana & Papa joined us for the festivities.  I'm not sure who had more fun:  Tess or Nana.

 Tess got in some more trick-or-treating at our Ward Trunk-or-Treat that night.  Her favorite part was handing out candy, so she still has a bit to learn about this holiday. 
I'm a little sad it's all over!  I guess it's time to start thinking of next year's costumes!

Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Ann said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! That is soooo cute!! Ryan's costume is the best! i am wondering how you dyed those pants yellow! Those are my favorite costumes! :)

Dipsy said...

There just aren't words to describe how amazing Tess and Ryan look! What a very fun Halloween you had. Wendy and Keith look so cute too!

My "Phantom" music I played for prelude in church today was a big hit for those Halloween lovers. Not so much for the others. Ha Ha!

Ryan said...

Mom,

Did you really play something from Phantom of the Opera???? The theme song??? Oh, that's hysterical!

Mir

Maureen said...

So great! Ryan sure is a good sport!

Nana and Papa said...

I'm sad too that my second-most favorite holiday is over. Tess caught the spirit with aplomb. Gotta indoctrinate these kids early on. Though, on second thought, what kid hates Halloween?!Loved watching what a hit Tess and Ryan were in the parade and the many times folks stopped and asked them to pose for photos. Good job, Mir. And, I really-truly hope Dipsy did indeed play "Phantom" music.

Now Tess and I need to decorate for Turkey Day. . .

xxoo Nana

Unknown said...

These are the best costumes!!! FYI, I have that same monkey costume in a size 5 if Tess is still into Curious George. Hang onto the yellow clothes incase she is.