Friday, March 6, 2009

We're Back!

Woo hoo! I am LOVING our new computer! It came yesterday and I've been in a frenzied state--what to do first, what to do first? I'm starting to feel like a real person again. We got a laptop, which will be nice since we can move it around the house. It's just so sleek and speedy and it WORKS!

Thanks to my genius little brother, I think we can recover info from our old hard drive (that's what I started working on first after the frenzy died down). THANKS RY!

Playing with the cars at the mall.


So you'd think that with a 2-week hiatus I'd have a zillion pictures to upload and tons to write about. Not so much. It's more like, I can't upload them anyway, so why bother taking pictures? I do have a few new pics, but I need to get back in the shutterbug mode.

Dress-up time!


I went with some friends last night to see The Winter's Tale at the Folger Shakespeare Theater. This was my first production at the Folger and we had such a fun time! The theater is small and intimate and we were on the third row.

How cool is it that I have friends who love Shakespeare? And how fabulous is it that I have a husband who will stay home with baby so I can enjoy a night on the town? Not only that, but he helped prep me by reading the play with me and studying the background of the play. Ry and I will have to go see another production together some time.


What's new with Tessie? Her fourth tooth is coming in and her grin is starting to look more balanced--two on the top, two on the bottom.

She is a terrible character these days. She is a jokester all of the time. She loves to play a joke on me every time I change her diaper. She waits until the diaper comes off, she's all cleaned up, and then she'll make a break for it. It's not that she doesn't want her diaper on--it's just that it's SO FUNNY for her to run away when mom has a clean diaper for her. She laughs like crazy--cackles, actually--and will shake her bare little bum at me. I'll hold up a clean diaper and say, "Tess, what are you doing without a diaper? You know you can't have a bare bottom!" And she'll squeal, stamp her feet, shake her head furiously and laugh and laugh. Needless to say, diaper changes take longer these days.

Building and knocking down couch forts.


She has also learned to climb up on the couch all by herself, and it's her new favorite place to play. She loves to do a high-speed crawl from one side of the couch to the other--she'll go back and forth, back and forth. Periodically, she stops, gets up on her knees and then flops backwards onto the couch. She thinks this is a riot. She did manage to flip over the arm of the couch yesterday. She wasn't real happy about that, but the incident hasn't tempered her enthusiasm for the couch.

No more progress on the walking front. She won't even really use her walker anymore. Every time we try, she just flops down to her knees.

That's it for now. I have video to post, but Blogger is being difficult. It better be Blogger and not my new computer!

4 comments:

ML said...

Nice to have you back. Seems like Tess has grown a lot since the last post. If you want her to grow even faster you should start feeding her Schwans. LK has to duck to get through doorways.

Dipsy said...

I an't believe how much her teeth and hair have grown since we saw Tess last! What a little doll. I'll bet when you were buying that couch that you never even thought about whether the cushions would make a good fort for your little girl! I'm glad you are so thrilled with your new computer. Welcome back!
Love, Dipsy

Maureen said...

"Tess looks so cute in that kitty hat." -- Kenzie

Maureen said...

I love the pic of Tess and Arthur looking at each other. Looks like they're about to get into mischief.

Maybe Tess isn't aware that she only has a week to learn to walk. Could you please inform her?

Glad to see your little schnug again, we sure missed her!