Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lots of Undocumented Fun

I'm kind of short on pictures this week. We had many opportunities to take pictures, but I kept forgetting to bring my camera with me this week.



So you'll just have to imagine what a great time Tess had playing on the coin-operated rides at the mall this week. They have all sorts of rides--an ice cream truck, a fire engine, a jeep, a train--pretty much anything that moves. She was a little shy at first, but once she warmed up to the fire engine, there was no pulling her away. It is just her size to crawl inside. She loved driving with the steering wheel (brrm, brrm, brrm), pushing all the buttons inside, and sticking her head out of the windows to say "hi!" I lost track of time and we spent over an hour playing in the cars! No quarters were needed--she got pretty nervous if another kid's car actually started to move. The only difficult part was getting her to leave. I can tell how much she is really enjoying something by the level of tantrum she throws when it's time to go. Let's just say that she really enjoyed the cars.



Ry and I also took Tess on her first outing to the park this weekend. I was so excited about it being warm, I forgot all about my camera. She had her first swing ride, went down the slide (with a little help) and played on the playground equipment (mainly she likes to hold the railings and pretend to shake them). She wasn't quite sure what to make of the swing at first, but by the end she was laughing and clapping as the breeze blew through her downy duck hair. We went for ice cream after the park--an outing which she always enjoys.


As recompense for the undocumented week, I took a few Sunday photos. Tess wore an adorable seashell dress from Nana that I totally love (it's reversible--she can wear the pink polka dot side next week!).



I got a new dress, too, since I was down to one skirt that I can wear to church. I thought I looked cute in it--why is it that when you see yourself in a picture, you don't look as cute as you thought you did? Or maybe that doesn't happen to other people. Anyway, here's a pic of my Sunday ensemble as well.

More pics next week--I'm charging my camera battery right now!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You look FAB, Mir!!! Way to go. We have a penny horse at the grocery store. The best part of all is that they GIVE you the penny at check out for your child to ride the horse!!

Nana and Papa said...

You look cute and so do Tess! Yea! More pix of the adorables.

xo Nana

Nana and Papa said...

er, that was supposed to read: You look cute and so *does* Tess.

Leslie said...

I think both dresses and both parties wearing them really look cute!