Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Hoopes Hotel

Now that things are finally starting to slow down, I have a little time to add some commentary to my pics from our vacation.

Tess was such a good girl on our airplane flights; unfortunately the airlines weren't the most cooperative. As it turns out, I got stuck overnight in Denver and the airlines wouldn't put me up in a hotel.

I was trying to make arrangements for us to stay somewhere, but by that point I was so exhausted and frustrated, I was having a hard time forming a coherent sentence. That's when I got a phone call from Laura--Aunt Laura to the rescue! Hooray!

Laura rescued us from the airport and put us up for the night. We were so comfortable and it felt so good to have a place to rest! Best of all, we got to see her cute new house and Brookie, the Fuzz, Nathan and Teri again!


"So, where did you get your oberalls, Tess?"

During the early morning hours, I could hear Brooke upstairs saying, "I have TWO babies in my house!" Brooke was immediately impressed that Tess was wearing overalls (sorry to rekindle that obsession, Laura!), and she ran upstairs to show me Andrew's "oberalls." Brooke gave an impressive demonstration of all things that hop, and she kept asking when Tess' plane was going to come to her house. At one point, Brooke said to her mom, "Mom, we love Tess, don't we? We just LOVE her!"

So, our flight to Idaho took a little longer than anticipated, but we had a fun detour in Denver! I give the Hoopes Hotel 4 stars (I can't forget the yummy morning muffins!). Thanks a bunch, guys!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Our hotel is ALWAYS open to you!!Next time, I'll leave chocolates on your pillow and I'll pick you up from the airport in my new 1984 Knight Rider Trans Am (ask Ryan about it)! It was fun to see you