Saturday, July 12, 2014

June 2014 Tidbits

I asked Tess why she decided to dress up as a cat with Drew.  Her response: "I was thinking a little bit cattish."  

Drew offers to help in the kitchen.  
Drew: "I wanna help at the end."
Miriam: "What part do you want to help with?"
Drew: "The eating part."

Drew: "I have so much poo-poos, I need two wipes."  

I love it when Tess finds the one black seed in a seedless watermelon, and then announces: "Watermelon-seed spitting contest!" 

I was making pulled barbecue pork in the crockpot for dinner. Tess asked if we were going to Nana's house. I said, "No, why do you ask?" She replied, "Because it smells like Nana's meat!" 

Drew and I read a book about the body at bedtime. 
Ryan: "Drew, what is a tongue for?" 
Drew: "For sticking out." 

Drew was a bit confused about Father's Day. This morning, he said to me, "Happy birfday, Dad." 

Tess and Drew at lunchtime. 
Tess: "Drew, if you want to get a present from Santa this year, you need to be nice to me." 
Ryan: "Tess, you don't decide whether Drew gets a present at Christmas." 
Tess: "Santa said that I could be his helper." 

I told Tess about a passenger spacecraft under construction that is designed to fly to the edge of space. 
Ryan: "What would you think about flying to the edge of space, Tess?" 
Tess: "There's no edge of space. Space goes forever." 


The sister missionaries ate dinner with the family tonight. They shared an object lesson about taking the necessary steps to get to heaven. Drew was determined to skip the steps by taking a giant leap. He said, "Need to be a little closer." Tess, on the other hand, took the "steps" to "heaven" and then returned to "earth." Realizing where she was, she said, "I don't want to be back here." 

Tess was moaning about a tiny scratch on her knee. I pointed out that it was very small and couldn't hurt very much. She responded, "Sometimes the smallest owies hurt the most!" 

Tess and I tried our best to convince Drew to eat his carrots at dinner. We told him that carrots would make his eyes stronger. 
Tess: "Yeah, Drew, I eat carrots and I can see through your clothes and see your underwear." 

Drew loves orange juice. "Dad, sometimes I like to call it orange macaroni." 

Drew turned around and around when I tried to scrub him in the bath (he was standing up). 
Ryan: "Drew, why are you spinning around?" 
Drew: "It's like I'm in a car wash." 

Ryan: "Tess and Drew, you need to wash your hands when you get inside." 
Tess: "Why?" 
Ryan: "Because you've been touching and picking up frogs, sticks, dirt, and beetles." 
Tess: "I didn't touch any beetles." 

Drew likes to play with my telescope. This morning, he said to me, "Dad, I want to get a tiny look with your telescope" (his way of saying a quick look). 

Tonight I was met by Super Drew and Super Tess (in costume) when I pulled into the garage. Tess said, "We've been playing around the house, looking for trouble." 
Ryan: "You've been looking for trouble?" 
Tess: "Yes, we've been looking for cats and dogs and other animals in trouble." 

1 comments:

ML said...

I adore these. Such cute kiddos!