Thursday, January 31, 2013

Markers

A few pics today of Tess' recent artwork because they signal that things are looking up for her.  It wasn't until she started drawing these that I realized she really hasn't been drawing much for the past couple weeks or so.  I think there may be a tie-in to anxiety levels and that she draws when she's more comfortable and relaxed.

I had my appt scheduled with her to-be play therapist today.  Except that they didn't tell me that the office she's in is not the Woodbridge office, but the Gainesville office.  They didn't tell me that the Woodbridge office just opened and they only see uninsured patients there.  What the?@!!

Sigh.  So that means a 30-minute trip and no school on Thursdays if we want to see this therapist.  Frustrating, but I'm thinking maybe we still need to do it.  Drives me crazy how difficult it is to find good mental health care.  If I meet the therapist next week and then Tess sees her the following week, it will be 5 weeks since I first called on this.  Over a month just to meet with a counselor. 

She's been doing a little better, so I'm not in crisis mode about it.  But I"m thinking if its this hard to get help, we better have it in place when she starts school in case we really do need it then.

So which drawing is your favorite?




3 comments:

ML said...

Three little aliens. How can you not love three little aliens?

Nana and Papa said...

Now there's a kid after my sci-fi heart!

Miranda said...

I love that she is an artist. Wish we lived close by and Tess and I could do art projects all day :)