Monday, April 30, 2012

The Great Outdoors

We've been loving the glorious spring weather this year.  Drew especially loves being outside.  He's figured out how to open the sliding screen door and let himself out back.  
These are his "outside" pants.




Because this is his favorite mode of motation outside.  Is it too embarrassing to sew patches on the seat of his pants?  And no, this is not our house.  Drew is a bit obsessive about climbing stairs.  Everyone's stairs.  On the whole street.


We also broke out the sand and water boxes from last summer.  Clean, simple fun.  OK, well not really very clean--especially with Drew.  Our house kind of feels like a beach house now, and not in a good way.  And not actually all that simple, considering we had to traverse the entire length of Lowe's three times before we found playground sand.  And then I had to carry a 60 lb bag of sand through the house and into the backyard.  I was REALLY hoping that the bag wouldn't break in the house.  


But they loved it and it feels so nice outside, I don't even mind my sandy floors.

3 comments:

Dipsy said...

I SO wish I were playing with Drew and Tess in the water and sand! You are such a fun mommy, Miriam! (the hockey game is another great example of that!)

Dipsy said...

We'll have to take them to the sand dunes when you come out.
Papa

Maureen said...

Ooo, I like your outdoor rug!