Friday, April 20, 2012

An Afternoon

I took the kids on an afternoon outing to Occoquan to feed the ducks.  I don't know if it was the perfect weather, appreciative waterfowl, or ample number of fence slats for Drewie to walk along, but the kids didn't want to leave!






A few pics of Drewie in motion (time-lapse style):

Crawling.

The all-important transition from crawling to scooting.

The scoot.

And he's up!

Come rescue me because I can't get down myself!

My curious Tess:

 This is her "I'm telling you a serious, interesting story" face.  I love this face.

Note also the pink headband. Tess has a thing for headbands these days.  It started when we picked up our mail, which was wrapped in a large rubber band.  Of course, she had a "great idea" that it could be a headband, and she donned it 70's "Let's-Get-Physical" style, across her forehead.  Then she had another "great idea" to color the rubber band with her nonpermanent markers, so it left stripes of marker on her forehead.  After she'd been wearing it a while, Ryan and I suddenly heard panicked Tess shrieks as she screamed, "It's too tight, it's too tight!"  The rubber band headband compression had become too much for her.  It left tight red marks across her forehead along with the marker stripes.

Of course she was very upset because she loved her headband and really needed a headband for "exercising," so I finally appeased her with a promise to buy her a real headband.  At the store she passed up the stretchy elastic headbands for some plastic ones, which she now wears constantly.  Probably for the best, since I'm not sure how the Jane Fonda look would've gone over at school.

And a number of other Tess faces that she took on the way home.  I often turn on my camera to find an extensive series of photos by Tess.  I usually delete them, but these are just too "Tess."











4 comments:

Dipsy said...

I am so glad you are keeping record of these wonderful spring days. The pictures and writings are priceless. I miss the H family!

Dipsy said...

Tess says such clever things. Drew too, I suspect, even if it all sounds like "ba."
Papa

ML said...

Such a darling post! You are doing such a great job with those kids. I can't imagine Jane Fonda being unwelcome anywhere!

Maureen said...

Love the Tess pics, those are great. Also, Drew has the most beautifully shaped cranium I've ever laid eyes on.