Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

We only had a few final preparations before Christmas could come.
 

Tess was inspired by images of the season to create a colorful present for her Nana and Papa.


Morley became increasingly naughty as Christmas drew closer.


Drew gave us his own Christmas present.





Ryan and Tess made paper-plate snowpeople.  Ryan's snowman featured a pointy, orange puffball nose, a coal-colored marshmallow smile, and intricately woven pipecleaner scarf.  Tess' snowgirl donned a crown, earrings, and a puffball necklace.

Tess and I made peanut butter reindeer cookies for Santa.

We had a delicious Christmas Eve dinner with Nana, Papa and Davita.

Buche de Noel for dessert.



Our family acted out the nativity for the Christmas Eve program.  Ryan was the donkey, Tess was Mary, Drew played the shepherd and wiseman.  I was the director and narrator.  Drew was delighted with his head covering and gave an entertaining performance.








Tess was excited to go to bed Christmas Eve.  Santa came BIG TIME!



Not one, but two purple teddy bears.  Nothing short of a Christmas miracle!

In case you're wishing you were here Christmas morning, here's video of the whole big reveal.  


All the toys were a big hit!








So fun watching them play together!




We were getting ready for church when Drew vomited his breakfast everywhere.  He's had a miserable cough and I think he gagged during a bad coughing fit.  Ry stayed home with the kids and I went to church alone so I could give my Christmas talk and perform with the choir.  

After church (and a long Drew nap), we headed to the Higginbothams for brunch and lots more presents.  I petered out on the photo taking, but we had a wonderful time together and even got to Skype a little with the Morleys and Murdocks.


Such a fun Christmas and we're enjoying lots of time together.  

Merry Christmas 2011!

4 comments:

Dipsy said...

What wonderful videos. I say you've got two more years before Tess has Santa figured out.
Papa

Dipsy said...

It took forever to look at your blog because Papa wanted to see the videos over and over again. I especially loved the pics of Tess and Drew playing together. What a cute little family!

Maureen said...

Thanks for sharing! My favorite was watching Drew spin in circles. What an adorable grin he has!

And HOW did you get away with not wrapping any presents?? I'm gonna hafta try that trick next year...

I have THREE Christmas blog posts up. Sigh, took forever!

Ann said...

Ok-I was sooo excited to see Morley in action!!! Marshmallows! What a smart elf!

Merry Christmas! I loved seeing the pictures of all the festivities and of your cute kids!!!