Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Little Green Men

We had a St. Patrick's Day celebration for preschool today.  We started things off with "Show & Tell:  The Green Edition."  Tess decided to show an art project she made and a fake piece of rubber lettuce.  



We learned about shamrocks and tricky little leprechauns.

"Leprechaun, leprechaun, come out of your hiding place.
Leprechaun, leprechaun, we want to see your face!
Leprechaun, leprechaun, dressed so nice and green,
Leprechaun, leprechaun, never to be seen!"


I bought Lucky Charms as decorations for their shamrock craft.  That didn't work too well since they only wanted to eat the Lucky Charms.


Then that tricky leprechaun started in on his tricks.  First, he colored the potty water green!  This created quite a stir because bathroom break is a favorite preschool activity.  We usually have about 3 breaks during the 2-hour period.  Danielle made me flush before she'd use the potty.


Then the leprechaun hit snack time.   Tess helped me make the vanilla pudding for our snack, so she was pretty stunned to see it green!  They were all surprised to see the green milk.  Cade wanted to open the fridge to see if everything was green.


Danielle kept saying, "Oh no, leprechaun!" over and over again.  When they were coloring, Cade would pick out the green crayons and ask, "Who turned this crayon green?!"


Green milk = green milk bubbles.  And just so you know, Tess wears these sunglasses all the time for no apparent reason.  I actually bought three back-up pairs from Target's dollar aisle because she is always losing them.

Tonight I was touching up my roots and Ryan told me to be careful, or the leprechaun might turn my hair green.  Tess became very concerned:  "Mom, I want to see it when it done.  OK?"


Some pics from Sunday.  Drew wore this adorable preppy outfit from Laura.




Ryan coerced Tess into taking a Sunday nap.


And some pics of the other tiny man in our house.  
I could eat him up.






5 comments:

Dipsy said...

I can never get enough pictures. Tess and Drew are growing up so fast, and they are both getting cuter and more clever every day. Thanks for sharing!

Nana and Papa said...

What great fun for all! Love how Tess has gone all Hollywood with her dark glasses *inside* the house! Kudos to the clever leprechaun.

xo nana

Dipsy said...

Your pictures make me want to nuzzle Drew's fuzzy little head.
Papa

Ann said...

My FAVORITE picture is the one of Tess asleep. I love sleeping pictures and she is OUT!!! I also love your baby and can't believe I haven't held him yet! This summer!!!

Maureen said...

The sunday nap looks delicious, as does fuzzy Drew!

"Who turned this crayon green?" Love it!