Monday, January 10, 2011

How The Grouch Stole the Dinner Salad

Tess has been quite the character lately.  Tonight at dinner, she kept pointing at something while saying, "The Grouch! The Grouch!" and acting like she was scared.  We let it go the first couple times, but she persisted, so I asked her if she was talking about Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street.

"No," she said.  "The Christmas Cat in the Hat Grouch."

"Oh!  You mean The Grinch?"

"Yes, The Grinch!"

"But why are you talking about The Grinch?"

"The Grinch in the salad."  Huh?

And then we looked at the salad bowl and saw The Grinch.  In profile.  In the salad bowl.

The Grinchy culprit.  I ate the Grinch and then she wasn't scared anymore. 

Ryan's comment:  Tess' reference to the Grouch/Grinch reminded me of a recent comic strip:


Get Fuzzy - December 2, 2010

Get Fuzzy - December 3, 2010


We got a dusting of snow this weekend and rascally Tess had fun playing in the snow and throwing snowballs at Dad.


Tess has also been doing more drawing lately.  I love seeing what comes out of her little head.  This is a portrait of Tess and her baby brother.


And a picture of Tess and her school friends.  She threw Baby Brother in for good measure.  You can tell which one is Tess because she's the biggest and has eyelashes.


Being such a monkey can be positively exhausting.  This is how we found Tess asleep in bed the other night.  I guess it was kind of heavy reading. 


Drew's personality is also beginning to shine.  He's started smiling and talking to us.  I absolutely melt when his little lips curl around to form a perfect little "Coo!"  I could watch this over and over again.  My Cooey Drewey.




My boys.  Do I have a cute family or what?!

5 comments:

East Coast Jenny said...

Your family is so beautiful. I love Tess's drawings...especially they way she does the feet.

Dipsy said...

Does anyone besides me find themselves trying to coo when they watch Drew's video?

Maureen said...

Ohhh I wanna scoop that baby up! He is soooo precious!!!

I love Tess' tidbits, they make me laugh and laugh. You need to make and order a book that has those. She is SUCH a character!

Maureen said...

I had to come back and watch Drew's video again today. What a lovely way to start the day! Coo coo to you too, Drew!

Ann said...

Seriously the cutest family! I love the video of Drew cooing and the picture of Ryan and Drew. Cute, cute, cute!