Monday, December 14, 2009

T, (totally!) W.(wonderful!) O.(oh boy!)

We celebrated Tess' TWO year birthday with Nana & Papa last night. I've been trying to explain to her about birthdays, but it just wasn't registering. Once the party was underway though, it didn't take Tess long to figure out that a birthday is all about HER!




We had a yummy dinner in the fancy dining room, followed by cake & ice cream.





Things only got better when it came time for PRESENTS! Tess knows one thing about presents--you're supposed to OPEN them! She made efficient work of that task! Tess received some of the most fun, thoughtful gifts ever! She was thoroughly delighted with each one.

Nana & Papa gave her a really cute wooden food set. The gift is a prelude to the toy kitchen set they are giving her for Christmas. She likes the food so much, I wondering if we even need the kitchen!



The Wilsons suprised Tess with a funny singing/humming baby Elmo! He sings until you plug his binkie into his mouth, and then he can only hum! Too cute!



Tess loves the popping sound Elmo makes you take the binkie out of his mouth. Of course she wanted to sleep with Elmo last night. It was the last sound we heard before she fell asleep, and the first sound we heard this morning!

The second sound we heard was Tess asking for her "house, house, house!," referring to her great present from Dipsy & Papa! It's a fun village playset that folds out with a ton of different activities. We took it to playgroup this morning & 3 kids can all play at once! She's already mastered the counting apple tree and she loves the pizza parlor!





Ry & I gave her an expansion set for her choo-choo train and she received a CD with activity songs from her great-"grandma" Sister Emery.



What a difference a couple years makes! We are so grateful for our 2-year-old big girl. We certainly love our Tess! Happy Birthday, sweetheart!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Thanks so much for this fun post! It felt like I got to go to her party :) I LOVE how excited she gets ("yeah! yeah!"). I'm so happy she likes her Elmo! It had Tess written all over it :) I love you, little big girl!

ML said...

I can't believe Maureen forgot to put my name on the card! Okay, she's the good aunt. I prefer the term "forgetful" as opposed to "bad", however. (I didn't know it was dad's birthday either until Maur posted about it . . .whoops). You would think that your pre-birthday post a week ago would have given me a heads up, but I'm slow that way. Anyhow, that was an adorable post and it was so fun seeing little Tessie light up. We need to Skype again so she can show us all her fun toys! Happy birthday, little one!

Dipsy said...

What a great happy birthday post. It felt like I was right there. I love her little excited dances as she's opening her presents. She is always full of joy. Love you, big girl! Love, Dipsy

Leslie said...

Happy birthday to Tess!