Monday, June 1, 2015

May 2015 Tidbits

Drew, standing in line at 7-11: "Dad, who's that white guy over there?" 
Embarrassed, I looked to the spot where he was pointing.  It was a package of rolls with the Pillsbury Doughboy on the wrapper. 


Apparently Drew wasn't impressed with tonight's dessert of angel food cake with fresh fruit.  "Mom, can you take the whipped cream and just squirt it on my tongue?"




Tess, complaining about a taxi driver who was late picking us up: "When I see that taxi driver, I'm going to give him a piece of my mind--or my lunch!"




Tess, the seasoned traveler: "When we get to the hotel, we need to check some things. We need to check if the toilet is working, then if the faucet is working, then if the bed is comfortable, and then if the TV is working. That's it."




Drew, looking at my bedhead hairdo: "Dad, know why I like you? Because your hair is so cool!"
 
Drew: "Dad, how you throw up? I think we need to build a throw-up store so we can see how it happens."
 
Drew, speaking in an overly loud voice while pointing to a male employee at Panera Bread: "I think that 'nera person needs a haircut 'cause his hair goes down to here [pointing to his shoulders]."
 
Miriam: "I need to go to the church tonight."
Drew's response: "Dad, you can keep an eye on us?"




Tess, commenting about running races with the neighborhood kids: "I'm not really a racer; I'm more of a starter."




Ryan, running with Tess around the pond where goslings were recently hatched: "I wonder where the goslings are this morning?"
Tess: "I think they went on vacation to the other pond and brought their beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, and sunglasses." 
 
New Drew expression: "In really life."  Example: "Today at the church, in really life, I hurt my hand."
 
Drew (bouncing one leg up and down): "Look, Dad, I can dribble my leg."



Drew's latest song:
The itchy, itchy spider climbed up the water spout;
Down came the rain and washed the tummy out;
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain;
And the itchy, itchy spider went down the tube and then got the belly.
After church, Miriam and I were giving hugs to Drew. Tess, lying on the couch, complained, "How come Drew's getting all the love here? I'm not getting any love over here!"




Drew: "When I get big, I'm gonna live in Idaho and I'm going to have a motorcycle. Dad can ride on the back." Ryan: "Where in Idaho are you going to live? Are you going to live near Dipsy and Papa?" Drew replied: "I'm going to live WITH Dipsy and Papa."




Drew and I (Ryan) were talking about feelings. I asked what made him feel happy. He responded: "What make me happy is a balloon to play with." He added: Dad, you know what make me feel quiet? A back scratch. It make me stay still. I like to feel it. It make me feel good."




Drew: "Dad, you're the best pancaker maker ever!"




While Miriam, I, and Drew were driving in the car, Drew spotted an SUV with a couch loaded in the back. Part of the couch was sticking out of the back and the rear car gate was partially open. Sounding exactly like Tess, Drew exclaimed, "Okayyy, that is not even safe!"
 
Drew: "I'm not even kidding, Mom."




Ryan: "Drew, when you get big, how tall are you going to be?" Drew: "I'm going to be Ninja Turtle feet tall."

Drew, bouncing his balloon: "Look, Mom, that gravity." Miriam: "What's gravity?" Drew: "Gravity pull the balloon down." Miriam: "Where did you learn about gravity?" Drew: "Dad told me about gravity."


Drew was helping me (Miriam) change out the toilet paper roll.  When we were done, he said, "I know what time it is now! Time for marble-run making!"

Tess, at the dinner table: "This broth is so good that I can't even taste it."

Drew: "Dad, I love you better than anything. I love you better than dinosaurs.  I love you better than a trailer and a truck.  I love you better than Ninja Turtles.  I love you better than paper."




Drew suddenly told me (Ryan) tonight that he had to throw up. He then ran into the bathroom. Afterwards, we said, "Good job telling Daddy and going into the bathroom."  Drew later told me: "Dad, I did a good job throwing up, so that means I get a sticker."


Drew came to the bedroom this morning holding a piece of bread slathered with a half-inch layer of butter.  He said, "Look, Mom!  I made my own bread this morning!  I needed to use a LOT of butter!"


Drew: "Mom, I love Dad more than you.  But I still love you too."


Drew was filmed by his joy school teacher for a Mother's Day video.  She asked: "Drew, what is your favorite thing to do with Mom?"
Drew: "I like to build my marble run with my mom and dad.  Dad is my favorite person!"




Another original song from Drew: "I love carrots, yum, yum, yum! I love carrots, yum, yum, yum!"
 
Tess, watching two players chase the ball into the woods during Drew's soccer game: "Well, this isn't professional soccer."




Drew: "Dad, I can speak a different English. 'BONJOUR!'"




0 comments: