Wednesday, December 3, 2014

November 2014 Tidbits

I (Ryan) overthrew Drew with the Nerf football, and the ball rolled down a steep hill and landed in a creek. Drew's comment to me: "It not safe to go down that path. It dangerous. It only for squirrels and Daddies."

Tess: "You may have heard some loud laughing from my room last night. Sorry, my book was really funny!"

Drew's comments on getting ready to help make his birthday cake: "Ok, let's do it! Let's bake the cake! First, the sprinkles. Then the cake."

Tess' imitation of a caller to the Delilah radio show, a nightly radio request and dedication program: "Oh, Delilah, my boyfriend has gone off to army school, and I've been crying all day!" 

Ryan: "Drew, you know, there's only one Drew-Drew. Some people have blond hair like you and some people have a big smile like you, but no one else looks exactly like you!"
Drew's response: "Only one momma looks like me."

Drew: "Santa not magic.  He can't fly through buildings.  He just climb up the stairs."

Tess had a fun-run fundraiser for school today. When she brought home the envelope for my pledge donation, she said: "Just so you know, they're going to be wanting this money from you every year. I think it's a little like taxes."

Tess' comments on losing her first tooth: "Now all I need to do to be a professional big girl is learn to ride a two wheeler!"

The Tooth Fairy brought Tess eight quarters and a note under her pillow for her first lost tooth. Tess' comments about the Tooth Fairy's visit:

"So how come the Tooth Fairy only gave me $2 for my tooth and she gave Addison [her friend] $5? Was my tooth not shiny enough for her?"

"Mom, I know why these quarters look so old and dirty. I think it's because the Tooth Fairy has been saving them so long for me, waiting for my tooth to come out." They were just regular quarters, silly girl!

Drew: "Mom, my favorite part of Snoopy Thanksgiving is the popcorn eyes part!"

Drew came barreling into our bed this morning announced, "Mom, I slept for 26 last night!! That's a number!"

Tess' observations while watching the Redskins game:
"The bad thing about football is you get hurt really easily."
"Uh, this is football, not wrestling."
"Every one of those dots is a person. Isn't that weird?" (seeing a crowd shot).
"The worst thing about football is being the football. You get hit, punched, and wrestled on."
"He looks like he did a cartwheel."

Tess: "Did you know that Beethoven was born December 16?"
Ryan: "No. How did you know that?"
Tess: "I asked Siri."

Drew (while wrapped up in his monkey blanket): "Dad, when I was a baby I got under this blanket and got sleepy. 'Member that?"

Today at Testimony Meeting, Tess leaned over and asked me if the testimonies were just for grown-ups. After the first testimony, she went up to the podium and shared her testimony that her "family can be forever, together."

The kids asked Ryan to get out the telescope tonight.

Drew's observations:
"The moon look like a golf ball!"
"Heavenly Father made lots of stars for us to see. And He made the moon too!"

Tess' observations: "It turns out the moon is not made of cheese!"
"I just love space!"

1 comments:

Dipsy said...

These just get better and better!