Thursday, November 1, 2012

October 2012 Tidbits


Drew's words: "Chicken," "color, "Drew shoes," and "juice, juice."

Drew (after taking a sip of water): "Ahhhh. A-A-A-A-A!" (his best imitation of a witch's laugh)

Tess (talking about the big storm): "Maybe we'll have a blackout!"
Ryan: "I'm not sure that we want a blackout, Tess."
Tess: "But we can tell fun scary stories."
Ryan: "What are fun scary stories?"
Tess: "Like 'Once there was a happy ghost...'"

My favorite new Drew word: "Coo-zy." He uses it to describe his bed or when he wants to snuggle with a blanket.

"Who dat?" Drew's funny new phrase whenever he hears a noise. He purses his lips into a little circle and looks around saying, "Who dat? Who dat?"

Tess found yet another empty cardboard box today. "Don't worry, Mom. You don't have to throw this away because I can make something with it!" I bet you can.

Tess told me that she loves writing the letter "i". "Putting the dot on top is just like beeping someone on the nose! Beep!"

I was admiring one of Tess' drawings of a particularly toothy little girl. "Yeah, I'm a really good tooth drawer."

Miriam: "Tess, what are the most important things in your life?"
Tess: "My brother."
Miriam: "What else?"
Tess: "Cake mix."

Tess (from upstairs): "Mom, guess what?"
Miriam: "What?"
Tess: "I have great news!!"
Miriam: "What is it?"
Tess: "I found my swimming suit!!"

Tess showed Ryan one of her drawings.
Ry: "Wow! Is that a girl on a pirate ship?"
Tess: "No. She's in a grocery store. That's her cart."

Tess has created a superhero alter ego, which she calls "Fire Pony." She explained Fire Pony's super powers to me: "You know if there is someone who has a marshmallow that needs to be roasted and they don't have any fire, Fire Pony comes and blows the marshmallow with fire from her tail." Fire Pony--to the rescue!!!

Tess just wrote her letter to Santa for this year. Nothing like a little advance planning.

Drew intentionally broke our new floor lamp. He pushed it over and it crashed and scratched up the hardwood floor. Might I remind you that the reason we needed a new floor lamp was because he also broke the old one. I'm going to put him up for sale on Craigslist.

Most frequent Tess phrase these days: "Can you cut this out for me?"

Ryan and I were discussing paint colors for the morning room, and Tess threw in her two cents: "I know! You just paint this part over here your favorite color. And then we can paint this part over here RAINBOW! Sounds good?"

Tess (at bedtime): "I was just thinking about Drew in my head. I wish I could see that little boy right now. He's just so cute!"

At dinner we discussed the fact that potatoes are grown near where Dipsy and Papa live. Tess: "That gave me an idea. When you said 'potato,' it reminded me of Dipsy and Papa's garden."

Tess (speaking to Drew at the dinner table): "No feet on the potato--I mean table! [laughter] When I tell Mommy last night that I said, 'no feet on the potato,' she will fall down on the ground laughing."

Tess was so excited about a headband she picked out at the store. On the way home, I learned her ulterior motive for wanting the headband: "Ella at school has a sparkly headband too! Now we can be headband friends!"

Tess: "Daddy, you and me can go to the smoothie shop. Mom and Drew can have a date together [translation: Mom stays home with Drew]."

Tess: "Daddy, for dessert we are having green beans with butter!"

Tess: "Only two more sleeps until we go to the pumpkin patch."

Tess: "Let's swing into action!"

Drew: "Daddy's car," "Mommy's car," "happy," "outside," "paint," "hoop," "cheese!" [mac and cheese]

0 comments: