Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September 2013 Tidbits

Drew: "In China, they have gray hair and they have black hair."



Tess was having a hard time not being jealous when other students earned "mark" stickers for doing good things at school. I told her that part of being a good classmate is being happy for others when they do well. In tears she dramatically lamented, "I'm trying to be a good classmate! But Mom, I haven't been a classmate for very long, you know!"

Tess: "I wish I lived in a different family!"

Drew: "My dad like apple donuts."

Drew on apple picking: "My apple kinda tasty!"

On picking Tess up from school: "Mom, it's so strange. Every afternoon on the speaker the principal tells the students to prepare for the afternoon announcements. Really? It's an announcement. What is there to prepare?"

Tess was riding her bike on our street, when she informed me she was going to ride up to the white house and back down again. She stopped for clarification: "Oh Mom, I meant the white house on our street. Not the one in Washington D.C." Good to know.

Drew (showing me his two toy motorcycles): "My two motorcycles are friends."

Tonight Drew ran into the morning room to grab his conducting "wand" before we sang an opening song during family home evening. When he came back, he was wearing a large, black witch's hat and waving the wand.

Tess: "I'm going to draw a random rainbow. It's a rainbow with the colors out of order, like red, yellow, orange, blue, yellow...."

I love how Drew calls his sister "My Tess."

Drew's new favorite show is "Mighty Machines," which basically shows live footage of cars, trucks, airplanes and trains. He loves to sing the theme song with this hilarious deep, testoterone-filled voice: "Mighty Machines! Mighty Machines!" Tess laughs and laughs: "He's trying to sound tough!"

During his bedtime story last night, Drew was pointing out things that live in the ocean: "Those shells, that a crab, that a big fish, that a shark going to eat me just kidding."

Whenever Drew goes down a slide at the playground, he always yells out, "I catch you, Mom!"

Shortly before jumping on Miriam, Drew yelled, "All aboard!!!"

Tess was excited for her first school art class. They drew portraits, and she was proud of the detail she put into her picture, especially the nostrils. "Most kids don't really care about nostrils. I don't know why. They're very important."

Most common Drew refrain: "Where my Tessie? I can't see her! Go get her!"

Drew and I (Miriam) were going to take a trip to River Farm and Ryan asked Drew, "Are you going to run at the farm and say, 'Yippee!!?'" Drew's response, "No. I walk and be careful."

Tess: "Mom, you know P.E is a lot of hard work!"

0 comments: